Saturday, 14 May 2011

Narrow Chequered Cord

I'm still working on the Facebook Like button, which has resulted in me having to create a photo gallery of the cards that  I have made, so that I can put a like button on the page for each card. This is a long and tedious job! So I have had to spread it out and do a few other things in between to keep up morale.
This morning I went down to the area in Dubai called Naif where I buy some of the items that we sell. Apart from now being a very hot and sweaty business (no glossy shopping malls here) it is also like a trip back in time as men push handcarts around the streets to deliver goods from wholesaler to retailer and large stacks of goods are left on the pavements awaiting their destination, I assume nothing is stolen as this stuff never looks as though it is heavily guarded.
Anyway my mission this morning was to re-stock on our plain colour paper flowers and gold and silver padded hearts, and to keep an eye open for anything new and interesting.
We were disappointed to find that the padded hearts are no longer available so as our stocks run out they will have to be discontinued, shame as they are really nice.
We found all the paper flowers except the peachy coloured ones and once again we were told there would be no future supplies of these flowers so we bought all they had.
Then I spotted some narrow cord in a range of two tone colours looking very similar to the bakers twine which has been big in all the crafting magazines lately. They had already sold out of a couple of colours that I would have liked but I came away with six colours which I think are perfect for this time of year.

We will be selling them in 4 metre lengths for 60p per 4 metres so not a big investment! and we have put them straight onto the website so they are available to you now.Find out more!
Now we're looking forward to playing with it and seeing what card designs we can come up with.
Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment