Saturday, 11 April 2015

Mothers Day Card using Distress Inks

This year I made two totally different Mothers Day cards, the first one again used the blended ink background technique that I have been experimenting with and is very similar to the notelet card I made earlier.

To dress it up a bit I made a card blank from two pieces of cream card, the first was about 17 x 11cm and I made the fold about 3 or 4cm from the end of this piece, I used an edge punch to decorate the short edge. The second piece of card was cut to the same size as the long side of the first piece. I punched a couple of holes in the decorative flap and threaded ribbon through and tied a bow. I stuck the second piece of card to the back of the short flap to cover the ribbon and give a neat inside to the card. 

The background is the same as for the notelet card and I used the same Grass Stems stamp for the image. I used a Mothers Day sentiment stamp this time and decorated the flower heads with gold adhesive metal embellishments. This was all mounted on to brown card and then onto the card front.

Materials used:

Thank you for looking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment